Wednesday, September 3, 2014

You've Got to be Kidding Me! - New Paint

From Jennifer --

I was walking to my workspace and turned on my computer. While my machine warmed up, I grabbed my coffee mug and headed toward the break room. As I headed to the break room something stuck me as off down the main hallway.

I stood in the hallway for what felt like hours trying to figure out what was off. My boss joined me, because he agreed that something was different.

“Someone painted the third office, puke green!!!!!” I shouted, which startled my boss. After confirming my observation with a nod, he disappeared back to his office.

I thought nothing else of it and went about my day.

A week after my boss and me discovered the rouge green wall, I wondered why none of the other offices had been painted. I was concerned the hallway was going to remain funky looking being that six of the offices were blue and now one in the middle was now green.

I had to satisfy my curiosity.

Being that I have a decent relationship with the janitors, I asked them why the wall had been painted.

Louie, the head janitor, leaned in over  to ensure no one else would hear and said, “Emma had the wall painted because the blue didn’t match her skin tone.”

I must have given him the death stare because he slowly backed away from me.

“Are you okay?” he inquired.

“No, no I’m not...” I said attempting to control my anger. “So, you're telling me that less than a month after Emma was hired, she decided to change the wall color of our corporate office because it didn’t match her SKIN TONE?!?!?!?”

“Yup,” Louis said as he headed toward the elevator.

Lesson: Corporate entitlement is the real-life version of the zombie apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment